In the past two weeks we’ve celebrated some lock-hunting days, trying to eliminate read/write locks to enhance throughput . Furthermore, we did some large cluster tests on GCE, which will be continued over the next days. A maintenance release of ArangoDB 2.6, released earlier this week, comes with a new V8 engine.
Two maintenance releases are available. ArangoDB 2.5.7 and ArangoDB 2.6.4 use an upgraded V8 engine (188.8.131.52).
Articles and Presentations
- Achtung, Baby! 15 Early-Stage German Startups That Should Be On Your Radar (CB Insights)
- Lockfree protection of data structures that are frequently read (Max Neunhoeffer)
- Throughput Enhancements – a short Comparison with ArangoDB 2.6 (Jan Steemann)
- Running V8 isolates in a multi-threaded ArangoDB database (Jan Steemann)
ArangoDB related (Drivers & more)
- (Clojure) Travesedo 0.6.2: Added connection pooling along with other HTTP configuration improvements (J. Patrick Davenport)
- (Delphi) arangodb-delphi-driver : New project by giquieu
- (Java) arangodb-java-driver (2.5.7): bugfix release. Deserialization of BaseDocument. (Achim Brandt)
- (Python) pyArango : Updated documentation, small fix. (Tariq Daouda)
- (Python) python-arango : Name changed from py-arango. (Joohwan Oh)
- (Python) ArangoPy : Python 3.4 support (Sascha Häusler)
- (Docker) arangodb/docker : added dependencies (Willi Goesgens)
- (PHP) CakePHP-ArangoDB : ArangoDB document support in CakePHP (Rahul Singh)
- Vagrant box centos7 with pre-installed ArangoDB (Guliy)
Documentation and Cookbook
- ArangoDB 2.6.4 Manual: Updated manual with the latest 2.6.4 changes & additions.
Questions on Stack Overflow
- ArangoDB update query never completes
- ArangoDB JsonSyntaxException on driver.CreateGraph
- Query date with offset in AQL
- Strange disk space utilization by collections in arangodb
- How to insert data to ArangoDB with HTTP?
- Using ArangoDB for time series data?
- graph modeling approach for node/edge user access control
- Adding an attribute value history in ArangoDB
Not answered yet:
- Sep. 18/19, 2015 – Berlin: distributed matters