Estimated reading time: 4 minutes
This month we post on the blog bearing gifts up upcoming events, content we think you might enjoy, as well as suggestions around how to get involved with the community. Read on!
We’d also love to hear from *you*! Drop us a line anytime at community [at] arangodb [dot] com.
New! Graph & Beyond Lunch Breaks
We recently launched a new video series called ‘Graph & Beyond’. Every other week, various ArangoDB team members talk about their favorite multi-model subject in short 10-15 minute videos. Topics covered so far include fraud detection, ArangoSearch, as well as eCommerce use cases and graph analytics.
Sign up here to have the video sent to your inbox at lunch time!
Getting Started with ArangoDB Oasis
Looking to move to the cloud this year? Curious to get a glimpse of Oasis, the easiest way to run ArangoDB?
Ewout Prangsma, ArangoDB Oasis Architect and Team Lead, recently gave a walk-through on how to get started, as well as get the most out of the platform. Topics covered include:
- Creating your first deployment
- How to choose the right configuration and node size
- Inviting colleagues to join you
- Security best practices
- Introduction to automation with Oasis
ArangoML Blog Series: Basic Arangopipe Workflow
The second post in our ArangoML blog series introduces machine learning concepts and demonstrates basic model building. It also shows how to log a model building activity with arangopipe, our tool for managing machine learning pipelines.
Spotlight on ArangoSearch: ArangoBnB
- Search an AirBnB dataset to find rentals nearby a specified location
- Filter these based on keywords, date, and number of guests
- Natural language search (Ex: Houses in Florida with pools.)
- Index data using ArangoSearch Views
- Use AQL for all queries
Want to contribute? Check out the GitHub repo!
Visit ArangoBnB GitHub Repo ->
Calling All Community Pioneers!
We are continuing our Community Pioneer program, the goal of which is to give back to our vast open-source community around the world by spreading the word about your amazing contributions.
Interested in sharing something cool you’re building with ArangoDB? We’d love, love, love to hear from you. Get in touch at community [at] arangodb [dot] com.
Where else can you find ArangoDB?
- March 9: O’Reilly Live Training – Graph-Powered Machine Learning First Steps
- March 23-25: Codemotion Conference 2021 – RDF vs. Property Graphs: Friends or Foes?
- April 20: ML Summit 2021 – Graph-Powered Machine Learning
ArangoDB recognized as Leader on G2
We couldn’t be more thrilled to be recognized by our users as a Graph Database Leader on G2 Crowd.
Are you happy with how things are going with ArangoDB so far, and have a few minutes to spare? Then take a break from coding and write a review about your experience on G2.
We hope you enjoyed our latest news!
Until next time 🖖
The ArangoDB Team