Estimated reading time: 4 minutes
Welcome to the fourth ArangoDB newsletter of 2022. This month, we invite you to:
- Learn about the differences between graph and relational databases
- Check out the latest generation of our Spark connector for ArangoDB
- Sign up for a free trial of ArangoDB Oasis, the easiest way to run ArangoDB
- Listen to our brand-new podcast, ArangoDB Radio
- Join our growing avocado grove (aka we are hiring!)
- Leave us a review on G2
Graph & Beyond Lunch Break #2.4: Graph vs. Relational
Our Graph & Beyond Lunch Breaks are back!
In case you’ve never signed up for one, the Lunch Breaks are our way of providing some ‘snackable’ content for our community to enjoy on-demand. Each video is approximately 10-15 minutes and delivered directly to your inbox.
Our next Lunch Break will explore the differences between relational and graph databases: what they are, what they do well, and when you should use one over the other.
Wednesday, April 6th 2022 – 12:00pm in your local time zone
From the Blog: Introducing the New ArangoDB Datasource for Apache Spark
We are proud to announce the general availability of ArangoDB Datasource for Apache Spark: a new generation Spark connector for ArangoDB.
ArangoDB Spark Datasource is an implementation of DataSource API V2, and enables reading and writing from and to ArangoDB in batch execution mode. Its typical use cases are:
- ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) data processing
- Data analytics and machine learning
- Uniform access to data from multiple data sources
- Interactive data exploration with Spark (SQL) shell
- Batch import and export
- Integration of ArangoDB in existing Spark workflows
Check out our blog post for an architectural overview of ArangoDB Datasource for Apache Spark, and some introductory steps to get started.
What’s the Latest with ArangoDB Oasis?
Have you checked out our managed service, ArangoDB Oasis, lately? A lot has happened since the beginning of the year: we’ve introduced three new regions (AWS Sydney and N. Virginia, and Google Jakarta), as well as new features such as disk autoscaling and root password rotation.
ArangoDB Oasis is the easiest way to run ArangoDB. See for yourself: Sign up for a free trial today!
Community Spotlight: ArangoDB Radio
We have a podcast! We’re happy to introduce ArangoDB Radio, specifically designed for the ArangoDB community with insightful conversations at the intersections of machine learning, data science, graph databases, ethics, business, and philosophy.
So far we’ve published two episodes with two special guests: Dr. Mark Tabladillo, a solutions architect and expert in analytics, AI, and data science at Microsoft, as well as our very own Dr. Jörg Scad, ArangoDB CTO. You can access ArangoDB Radio on popular podcast platforms such as Spotify, Google Podcasts and Stitcher, among others. Check it out!
Where else can you find ArangoDB?
- April 20: Graph & Beyond Lunch Break #2.5 – Community vs. Enterprise
- April 25: O’Reilly Live Events – Graph-Powered Machine Learning First Steps
- May 4: Graph & Beyond Lunch Break #2.6 – Graph Embeddings with AQL
- May 19: KubeCon + CloudNativeCon Europe 2022 – Transparent Live Migration of Services Between Kubernetes Cluster
- May 27-29: Machine Learning Prague 2022 – Thinking outside of the Euclidean Space: An introduction study to Graph Machine Learning and its Applications
From the Avocado Grove: We’re Hiring!
ArangoDB is continuing to grow! We have more than 20 open positions (almost all fully-remote) on our website across Customer Support, Engineering, Finance, Marketing, Product Management, Sales, and Recruiting.
Would you like to join Team Avocado? Check out our open positions here.
ArangoDB recognized as Leader on G2
We couldn’t be more thrilled to be recognized by our users as a Graph Database Leader on G2 Crowd.
Are you happy with how things are going with ArangoDB so far, and have a few minutes to spare? Then take a break from coding and write a review about your experience on G2.
We hope you enjoyed our latest news!
Until next time 🖖
The ArangoDB Team
Check Out Our Previous Newsletters
February 2022: What’s the Latest with ArangoDB?