It’s not that long ago since we released ArangoDB 3.0 in which we introduced our binary storage format VelocyPack, the ArangoDB Agency for a self-managing cluster and the first persistent index by implementing Facebooks RocksDB. With all that we laid the foundation for a solid ground to scale with all three data-models.
With today’s ArangoDB 3.1 release we take things a few steps further and make cluster usage of ArangoDB more performant and convenient. Get ArangoDB 3.1.
General upgrades in 3.1
- Performance boost with our new boost-ASIO server infrastructure
- Performance boost by overhauling the ArangoDB query optimizer
- Improved internal abstraction for storage-engines as a preparation for MVCC and pluggable storage-engines
- VelocyPack over HTTP: Use our binary storage format VelocyPack over HTTP
- VelocyStream: for high performance needs you can now directly stream VelocyPack. This is already implemented in our Java driver (all other drivers maintained by ArangoDB will follow soon).