ArangoDB seeds 1.85M€ to build the Multi-Model DB for the Cloud
Cologne, Germany – February 10, 2015 – ArangoDB announced today that the company has recently secured €1.85 million ($2.1m) funding from Machao Holding AG and an undisclosed investor to boost ArangoDB’s presence in the database market.
ArangoDB is using the private equity investment to accelerate product and business development, to drive open source community growth, to meet growing global demand and to expand its U.S. and international activities.
When asked about his company’s strategy, Claudius Weinberger, CEO of ArangoDB, said: ”With these activities, we are advancing our company’s vision to make distributed database handling easier, more convenient and more reliable. This includes a seamless integration into cluster and data-center operating systems like Mesosphere and Docker Swarm.”
In addition, ArangoDB is complementing its unique native multi-model approach by new supported data models. Also it is expanding its built-in Microservice Framework Foxx to streamline the development cycle of applications. Furthermore, it is planned to strengthen the business support around ArangoDB, in order to further grow the successful commercial efforts.
About ArangoDB - the Multi-Model Database
- Native Multi-Model: Documents, graphs and key-value pairs — model your data as you see fit for your application. All models are available in a unified way, allowing you to mix and to switch easily from one to another. There is no need to select a specific personality beforehand.
- Joins: Conveniently join what belongs together for flexible ad-hoc querying. No need to duplicate your data, thus avoiding data redundancy.
- Transactions: Configurable consistency levels for easy application development keeping your data clean and safe – no hassle in your client.
- Foxx Microservice Framework: Build your own Microservices to expose queries, traversals and database operations as REST/Web API. No need to copy queries to every new client you write. Simply create Microservices to access the data the way you like.
- Cluster: Deploy ArangoDB on modern data-center operating systems in the cloud or on-site with a few convenient commands. Scale up and down at leisure. The database rebalances the data distribution automatically in the same way as it heals itself after a fail-over.
ArangoDB is available as open-source under Apache 2 license. – www.arangodb.com
About Machao Holding AG
Machao Holding AG is an investment vehicle of a Norwegian/Swiss family to invest in different opportunities. Machao Holding AG was founded in 1978.
About ArangoDB GmbH
ArangoDB GmbH is the developer of ArangoDB. It was founded June 2014 as a spin-off of triAGENS GmbH – the company, which previously developed ArangoDB. triAGENS has fifteen years of experience in building NoSQL solutions like exchange quote storage, multidimensional in-memory database, highly secure in-memory session storage etc.
Claudius Weinberger, CEO (claudius AT arangodb.com)
Ingo Friepoertner, Marketing (ingo AT arangodb.com)