Graphs of Game of Thrones
The final season of Game of Thrones is there, but if you are like us you might need a reminder of everything what happened in the previous seasons.
It is challenging to remember all the connections between the different characters, e.g.: who is related to whom, the different locations, of course also who killed whom, and all the other facts (and deaths). In this webinar we will leverage graph and multi-model representations of seasons one through seven to recollect the prior events leading up to the grand finale. Furthermore we will look at how we can use ArangoDB features such as distributed queries, SatelliteCollections, or SmartGraphs to explore complex information efficiently even at large scale.
During this webinar you learn about:
- Game of Thrones seasons 1-7
- How we can leverage graphs to recollect the events in GoT
- How we can furthermore leverage geospatial information to analyze who the different event are connected geographically
- How we can scale graph processing for very large graphs to a distributed setup with multiple nodes
- How advanced features of ArangoDB such as SmartGraphs to make distributed graph traversals more efficient and SatelliteCollections to get the best performance for distributed JOIN operations.
Spoiler Alert: This webinar might reveal some of the events in season 1-7, but not 8 🙂
Jörg Schad is currently working on ML Infrastructure. In a previous life, he worked on distributed systems at Mesosphere, implemented distributed and in memory databases, and conducted research in the Hadoop and Cloud area. He’s a frequent speaker at meetups, international conferences, and lecture halls.
Gudrun Franzen is always on the lookout for the next great talent to add to the ArangoDB family. She is a passionate Tech Recruiter and your first choice if you want to join ArangoDB. If she is not in the office, you can find her somewhere in the great outdoors.