The ArangoDB team is back from holidays, wishing you and your families a happy New Year 2015. This year will become a good one for multi-model databases – like ArangoDB – according to analysts, quoted in the NoSQL trends 2015 article from Dataversity. This newsletter covers the last 3 weeks, including the beta of ArangoDB 2.4, build on christmas eve.
We released the ArangoDB 2.4 beta. You can find a full list of changes in our change-log. Here are some of the changes:
- We have upgraded our V8 version
- FoxxGenerator – A framework for building standardized Hypermedia APIs is added
- Our web interface for Foxx applications has got a complete re-design
- Some AQL improvements like optimizer and language improvements
ArangoDB related (Drivers & more)
- Clarango 0.6.0: Stefan Edlich and Peter Fessel updated their clojure driver to support Arango 2.3
- arango-session: J Patrick Davenport made a Ring compatible session manager built on ArangoDB
Documentation and Cookbook
- My First Foxx App: Lucas updated this recipe whereas it changed with 2.4
- Adding Background workers to my Foxx App: In this recipe it will be shown how to send out an email for existing Foxx apps
- How to deploy a Foxx App: This is a recipe by Lucas about the deployment of Foxx apps
- ArangoDB in the GiantSwarm using Docker containers: How to deploy in GiantSwarm by Frank
Questions on Stack Overflow
- Range query with edge
- NodeJS custom session Store, clear expired sessions
- ArangoDB batch mode doesn’t work with the Java Driver
- Difference between Graph Triples and EAV
- ArangoDB REST Traversal return invalid startVertex
- ArangoDB Installation in Windows 8
- Insert and return document in a single AQL query
- Dump the database and reimport under a new name
Not answered yet:
- Java collections over ArangoDB
- Use multiply nested lists in few documents or few nested lists in many documents?
- January 24, 2015 – Cambridge, UK: /dev/winter
- April 21-23, 2015 – Berlin, Germany: Netways
- Sending Mails via SendGrid: About Foxx background workers
Did you know?
You can test your Foxx applications with
This will start the ArangoDB server in development mode. For more information look here.
Subscribe to our weekly newsletter