Estimated reading time: 5 minutes
Welcome to the first ArangoDB newsletter of 2022.
We’re excited about things to come in the new year, and hope you are, too. Here’s what we’ve got on the docket so far:
- Our first webinar of 2022: Setting up ArangoDB Oasis for Success
- The latest and greatest from our blog about how to run an ArangoDB DC2DC environment
- A look back on our favorite moments of 2021
- Our first community member webinar of 2022 (and first-ever webinar in Portuguese, to boot!)
- Our growing avocado grove (aka we are hiring!)
Upcoming Webinar: Setting Up ArangoDB Oasis for Success
This webinar will focus on how to get started with Oasis, making sure you actively use the first 14 days of your free trial to help you decide on the next course of action.
Yaman Srivastava, Oasis Customer Success Manager, will walk attendees through:
- How to set up your Oasis account
- Correctly creating your first deployment and effectively executing initial steps
- Where to find the right documentation, access frequently asked questions, and raise tickets in case of technical issues
- Adding teammates to your account, which plan is best suited to meet your requirements, and more
Wednesday, January 19th 2022 – 8:00am PST / 11:00am EST / 5:00pm CET
From the Blog: ArangoSync – A Recipe for Reliability
ArangoSync is one of our Enterprise features that we have consistently found our customers are keen to implement due to the security requirements around the data in their ArangoDB cluster being located in multiple locations. Check out our latest blog post that can help you set up and run an ArangoDB DC2DC environment using ArangoSync. It includes all of the best practices that we use during our day-to-day operations regarding encryption and secure authentication.
2021: A Year in Review (and Welcome to 2022!)
2021 was a big year for ArangoDB, and none of it would have been possible without the hard work and dedication of our team, as well as the continuous support from our community. This blog post recaps a few of our favorite moments from the last year, from our Series B Funding to Dev Days, and who could forget the 23 Graph & Beyond Lunch Break sessions we released. Phew!
Have a read to get caught up on what you may have missed, and get ready for more to come in 2022.
Community Spotlight: First Community Member Webinar of 2022
We have enjoyed working with the community throughout 2021 and look forward to sharing all of the great community projects coming in 2022. To kick off the new year, we’re delighted to announce our first community member webinar!
Introdução ao ArangoDB através do Python (Português)
(Introduction to ArangoDB through Python (Portuguese)
We are excited and grateful that the author of the AQL in Portuguese Notebook, Janio Lima, will be presenting our first-ever webinar in Portuguese!
Neste webinar discutiremos conceitos básicos de bancos de dados NoSQL e faremos uma aplicação prática da solução ArangoDB usando sua API para Python. ArangoDB é uma solução NoSQL que trabalha com diferentes formas de dados com grafos, documentos e pode ser usada on premise ou em nuvem.
Wednesday, January 26th 2022 – 3:00pm PST / 6:00pm EST / 12:00am CET
Where else can you find ArangoDB?
- March 9: Community Member Webinar – Bluwr.com: Using Blumycellium Automation Tools with ArangoDB Backend
From the Avocado Grove: We’re Hiring!
Team Avocado is continuing to grow! We have nearly 50 open positions (almost all fully-remote) on our website across Engineering, Marketing, Product Management, Sales, and Recruiting.
Today we’d like to introduce you to Anthony Mahanna, who has spent the past 14 weeks with us recently as a Working Student. Anthony is an Honours Computer Science student at the University of Ottawa, Canada. He first discovered ArangoDB while working on his searchable image repository application. After presenting his side project in an ArangoDB Community Pioneer session, Anthony transitioned to working with the Core & ML teams as a SWE intern.
Over the course of his internship, Anthony played a role in:
- Developing & documenting ArangoDB’s next benchmark analysis platform
- Designing & implementing current and upcoming adapters to translate ArangoDB graphs into NetworkX, DGL, NetworkKit, and PyTorch Geometric (and vice-versa)
- Establishing & automating a code format standard for ArangoDB’s community & enterprise codebase
- Contributing to ArangoDB’s python driver (python-arango), Jupyter Notebooks (interactive-tutorials), and ML pipeline (arangopipe)
Big kudos to Anthony for an impressive internship!
Would you like to join Team Avocado? Check out our open positions here.
ArangoDB recognized as Leader on G2
We couldn’t be more thrilled to be recognized by our users as a Graph Database Leader on G2 Crowd.
Are you happy with how things are going with ArangoDB so far, and have a few minutes to spare? Then take a break from coding and write a review about your experience on G2.
We hope you enjoyed our latest news!
Until next time 🖖
The ArangoDB Team
Check Out Our Previous Newsletters
October 2021: What’s the Latest with ArangoDB?